FREE Information Night and Blast Off
- Organized and supported Saturday morning runs held on a variety of courses in greater Kalamazoo and Portage.
- Runs begin at 8:00am (7:45 pre-run discussion) January and February, and 7:30am (7:15 pre-run discussion) March and April.
- Low, moderate and high intensity half and full marathon training schedules with day by day workouts.
- Special advanced training schedule for the marathon distance.
- Hydration (water and electrolyte beverages) and sag support provided on the course.
- Weekly email communications with training tips, schedules, and more.
- Supportive and encouraging Team Leaders with pace groups ranging from under 8:00 min/miles to 12 minute miles and above.
- Informative Clinic Night Thursday, January 24, 2019 offering 6 running related topics (attendees select up to 3) (Location TBD).
- Information Night and Blast Off, Tuesday, December 4, 2018 with light refreshments and door prizes. (Location TBD).
- A FUN and supportive winter training experience with shared camaraderie and team spirit.
- Optional Beyond Marathon Training Program long sleeve technical shirt by Nike (available through December 14, 2018). $30 additional.
- Optional Metabolic Efficiency (ME) Package (available through December 31, 2018). $99 additional.
Optional Metabolic Efficiency (ME) Package
Back by popular demand, Athletic Mentors is offering Beyondparticipants a discounted Metabolic Efficiency (ME) package that includes their cutting edge metabolic efficiency testing and a supplemental 2 hour companion class. The cost of the package is an additional $99 through the Beyond registration process.
Prior to attending the class, you will schedule and complete a 40 minute Metabolic Efficiency test at Athletic Mentors in Richland. The sub maximal effort test is performed on a treadmill while wearing a mask that is attached to a metabolic cart. The cart captures and measures your breath, analyzing in real time the volumes and concentrations of O2 and CO2 of the inspired and exhaled gases. This enables Athletic Mentors coaches to determine your proportion and type of “fuel” (fats and carbohydrate) used to meet your individual energy demands at increasing intensities.
In a scheduled group participation lecture-style classe, Athletic Mentors coaches will discuss some fundamental metabolic physiology as well as nutritional and exercise based strategies that will aid in improving ME over time. You will learn how to interpret and apply your own test results in making informed lifestyle and training decisions, amplifying your journey of improved athletic performance and long term health.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Please contact Bonnie Sexton at bonnie.sexton@