***Registration is now closed but guests may drop in for $15/run***
NEW AND IMPROVED FOR 2018!!! Registration is OPEN for the Priority Health Summer Safari Half and Full Marathon Training Program.
The Priority Health Summer Safari is presented by Gazelle Sports and Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) and has been designed for runners of all experience levels – whether you are looking to complete your first half or full marathon or looking to set a personal record! The program runs Saturday June 9th through Saturday October 13th.
The 2018 Priority Health Summer Safari will continue to utilize the individualized Lydiard Training Method we implemented in 2017. We recognize that because last year was our first year, we had to learn many lessons and adjust to ensure we are providing a great training experience! 2018 brings important changes that better support the team aspect of group training!
Come for a test run and Info Night on Wednesday May 23 at 6:00pm at Gazelle Sports Urban Herd or join us May 31 at 6:30pm at the Gilmore Center at Bronson Hospital.
Information Nights are FREE to all guests who want to learn more about the 2018 Summer Safari Half and Full Marathon Training Program.
Our training schedules have been developed by experts at the Lydiard Foundation, a nationally recognized training program that is used worldwide by recreational runners and elite runners alike. Schedules are individualized to ensure you successfully cross that finish line injury free! Program guidance and support are provided through the Summer Safari Program. We do ask that runners be able to comfortably run 60 minutes prior to the start of the program.
Why should you train with us?
- Experienced Team Leaders supporting YOU and your team for each pace group
- FREE participant tech shirt
- Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) year-long membership
- Access to special discounts and promotions at Gazelle Sports
- Individualized Training Plan; weekly speed and strengthening opportunities; resource blog; and social media engagement
- Beneficial and interactive clinics to help improve your running
- Fully supported Saturday morning runs with hydration and directional signage
- Tuesday morning and evening hill and track workouts led by trained coaches
- Opportunities to sample nutrition products and demo the latest running shoes
- Unique starting locations supported by local businesses
- Fun group atmosphere!
- Information Night and fun run at Gazelle Sports Urban Herd (Summer Safari Style!) May 23 at 6:00pm.
- Information Night and Kick Off will be held at the Bronson Gilmore Center May 31 at 6:30pm.
- Saturday long run sessions will be held at 7am starting on June 9 nd ending on October 13 (Please note: Safari will not meet June 16. Runners are encouraged to run the Kalamazoo Klassic 5k or 10k.)
- Tuesday aerobic, hill and speed workouts will be held at 5:45am or 6pm (dates TBA)
- Midweek Training Runs
Pick Your Distance!
This group trains for the following events:
- Grand Rapids Half Marathon or Full Marathon on October 21, 2018
- Detroit Free Press Half Marathon or Full Marathon on October 21, 2018