***Register Now! Price Increases after December 31st!*****Apparel and Metabolic Efficiency Deadline December 31st**
Thinking about training for your first half or full marathon and looking for a comprehensive training program in a fun and supportive environment? Completed one or more half and/or full marathons and looking for the next dimension in your training?
The deadline to purchase apparel and the Metabolic Efficiency package is December 31st and prices increase to $55 after December 31st.
Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) is pleased to offer an out-of-this-world training program designed to help you achieve your distance running goals!
The 2022 Beyond Half and Full Marathon Training Program is organized by runners for runners and meets Saturday mornings January 8, 2022, through April 30, 2022 (There is no run on February 26th due to the Winterblast Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k on February 27th). Training schedules prepare runners for spring full and half marathons. Back by popular demand, Beyond features an optional Metabolic Efficiency (ME) Package through Athletic Mentors. Take your running to the next level!
The Beyond Program includes:
- Organized and supported Saturday morning runs held on a variety of courses in greater Kalamazoo and Portage. The majority of runs offer a pre and post run indoor venue with restroom facilities.
- Runs begin at 8:00am (7:45 pre-run discussion) January and February, and 7:30am (7:15 pre-run discussion) March and April.
- Low, moderate and high intensity half and full marathon training schedules with day by day workouts.
- Special advanced training schedule for the marathon distance.
- Hydration (water and electrolyte beverages) and sag support provided on the course.
- Weekly email communications with training tips, schedules, and more.
- Supportive and encouraging Team Leaders with pace groups ranging from under 8:00 min/miles to 12 minute miles and above.
- Informative Clinics from 7:15 – 7:45am January – February before select Saturday morning runs offering a variety of running related topics.
- A FUN and supportive winter training experience with shared camaraderie and team spirit.
- Optional Beyond Marathon Training Program long sleeve technical shirt (available through December 31, 2021). $15 additional. Color selected for this year is cardinal blue, however color substitutions may be made based on available inventory.
- Optional Beyond hats (available through December 31, 2021) $10 additional. Color selected for this year is forest green, however color substitutions may be made based on available inventory.
- Optional Metabolic Efficiency (ME) Package (available through December 31, 2021). $149 additional.
The cost of the Beyond Half and Full Marathon Training Program is $45 through December 31, 2021, for members of Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) (price increases to $55 January 1st and remains open through February 28th).
Non-member friends may join KAR at a cost of $20 full-time student/$25 individual/$35 family.
The 2022 Beyond Training Program is Capped at 300 participants.
Click here to register for the 2022 Beyond Half and Full Marathon Training Program
Optional Metabolic Efficiency (ME) Package
Back by popular demand, Athletic Mentors is offering Beyond participants a discounted Metabolic Efficiency (ME) package that includes their cutting-edge metabolic efficiency testing and a supplemental 2-hour companion class. The cost of the package is an additional $149 through the Beyond registration process.
Prior to attending the virtual class, you will schedule and complete a 40-minute Metabolic Efficiency test at Athletic Mentors. The submaximal effort test is performed on a treadmill while wearing a mask that is attached to a metabolic cart. The cart captures and measures your breath, analyzing in real-time the volumes and concentrations of O2 and CO2 of the inspired and exhaled gases. This enables Athletic Mentors coaches to determine your proportion and type of “fuel” (fats and carbohydrate) used to meet your individual energy demands at increasing intensities.
In a scheduled live virtual group participation lecture-style class, Athletic Mentors coaches will discuss some fundamental metabolic physiology as well as nutritional and exercise-based strategies that will aid in improving ME over time. You will learn how to interpret and apply your own test results in making informed lifestyle and training decisions, amplifying your journey of improved athletic performance and long-term health.
The class will be recorded for participants who schedule their test after the class and a link will be sent with the recorded version. Athletic Mentors will set up a separate Q&A session for those Beyond participants who were not able to attend the live virtual class. This will be Q&A only – participants will watch the recorded video of the lecture prior to attending the Q&A.
Click here for more information on Metabolic Efficiency Testing
Participants may call Athletic Mentors at 269-743-2277 to schedule their test and class upon registration, allowing for earlier testing. Bring your registration confirmation when you go in for your test.
Upon the close of class registration for KAR athletes ( Dec 31st), participants who haven’t already called ahead will be contacted to schedule their test and class.
Please contact Bonnie Sexton at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the 2022 Beyond Half and Full Marathon Training Program. We look forward to running with you this winter!