Events & Programs
- Registration for the 2017 Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10k and 5k is now OPEN!!!! We are pleased to announce registration for the 2017 Winter Blast opens October 1, 2016 and we hope you will join us as we celebrate the 5th annual event!
Join us in this extraordinary community celebration of health and wellness as Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) and the City of Portage present the 5th Annual Event. The half marathon, 10k and 5k courses highlight ...
- The 2017 Beyond Half and Full Marathon Training Program – Drop-Ins Welcome!
Registration is now closed, however the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) Beyond Training Program welcomes drop in guests to attend our supported training runs at a rate of $5/KAR Members and $10 for non-member friends. NEW this year, guests may attend the first run for FREE (above fees apply for subsequent runs). Drop in guests should ...
- Registration for the 2017 Kal-Haven Trail Run on April 8, 2017 is now OPEN!
Registration for the 2017 Kal-Haven Trail Run on April 8, 2017 is now OPEN!
The Kal-Haven Trail Run is the premiere ultra-event in Southwest Michigan. Runners complete the 33.5 mile distance from Kalamazoo to South Haven either on their own or as part of teams of between 2 to 6 runners. The event is $50 ...
- Registration for the 2016/2017 Fast Track 5K and 10K Training Program is now OPEN!
Registration is now open for the 2016/2017 Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) Fast Track 5K and 10K Training Program.
The Fast Track program runs 9 weeks December 11, 2016 through February 19, 2017 (December 25 and January 1 is off for the holidays) and meets indoors at the WMU Read Fieldhouse and Rec Center on Sunday mornings ...
- Run Indoors with KAR – Track Workouts this Winter Are you tired of running outside in the cold and/or snow and ice? Yes! Then come run with the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) on the indoor track at Western Michigan University’s Read Fieldhouse.Workouts are from 5-7 a.m. on Tuesdays and 6-10 a.m. on select Sundays from January 17 through February 28, 2017. These runs are FREE ...
- Kalamazoo Area Runners Annual Membership Banquet
Kalamazoo Area Runners Annual Membership Banquet
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
6:30 PM at the Fetzer Center, WMU
Guest Arrival and Check-In from 6:15-6:30 PM
Guest Speaker: Doug Kurtis
About the Event
The 2017 Annual Banquet and Membership Meeting will be held Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 6:30pm at Fetzer Center at WMU (registration and check in 6:15 – 6:30pm). The evening’s ...