Monday, November 23, 2020

» Home » Join Now » About KAR » Contact Us

Join the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) Susan G. Komen Foundation Race for the Cure Team!

March 21, 2016 by  
Filed under Events, Past Events

Susan G. Komen Foundation Southwest Michigan Race for the Cure

Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 9:00am

NEW LOCATION! Homer Stryker Field (Home of the Kalamazoo Growlers) 

Join the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) Team in the fight against breast cancer!

2014 Race for the Cure Team Photo

Join the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) Team at the Susan G. Komen Foundation Southwest Michigan Race for the Cure!!! Many of us have been touched by breast cancer in some way, whether personally, or through a friend or family member.  Please consider running the event as part of the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) team.  This year’s event will be held Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 9:00am at Homer Stryker Field, home of the Kalamazoo Growlers.  Click here for more information on the 2016 Susan G. Komen Foundation Race for the Cure.

Each year, the Kalamazoo Area Runners organizes a fundraising team to participate in the event and raise support for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  In addition, the event counts towards our 2016 Club Championship Series and participates in our Race Discount Program.

This Race is unique in the fact that 100% of the net proceeds are allocated to the mission of the Susan G. Komen Foundation. 75 percent of the net proceeds stay in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education, screening, diagnostics and survivor support. The remaining 25 percent supports ground-breaking global breast cancer research into the cures.

We encourage you to join the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) team and support this important cause by running, walking or donating on our behalf.   Our goal is to raise a minimum $1000 and recruit a minimum of 25 team members.  Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) technical shirts will be given to team members who sign up (while supplies last).

To join the Kalamazoo Area Runners Team requires two easy steps:

  1. Register for the 2016 Race for the Cure (KAR discount code is 4262), donate and join the team all at once. Click here to sign up for the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) Susan G. Komen Foundation Race for the Cure Team
  1. In order to reserve your Kalamazoo Area Runners team technical shirt and join the team email distribution, submit your email address and shirt size here:  Click here to provide your email and shirt size

For more information on joining the Kalamazoo Area Runners Team, please contact Bonnie Sexton at bonnie.sexton@kalamazooarearunners.org

Comments are closed.