UPDATE: ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED, BUT REGISTRATION IS STILL AVAILABLE IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE SATURDAY MORNING RUNS. VISIT THE BEYOND WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE SCHEDULE TAB/SNAPSHOT SCHEDULE FOR A LIST OF VENUES
Beyond Program registration fee is still only $35.00. Must be a KAR member to register. KAR annual membership fee is $20.00 for individual and $30.00 for family. Current KAR members receive a $5 discount when registering for the program and renewing their membership. The Beyond Training Program is geared to the Boston and Kalamazoo Marathons and the Borgess Half Marathon. The 2014 Beyond Training Program runs 17 weeks, starting January 4, 2014 and concludes with the Kalamazoo Marathon / Borgess Half Marathon on May 4, 2014.
Beyond Blast Off and Orientation Night is Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 7:00 pm at Borgess LEC Auditorium. This free orientation to the Beyond Program will include light refreshments, program overview, an opportunity to meet the Pace Leaders, and the famous KAR Yankee Gift Swap
The 2014 Program brings back the best features of our popular marathon and half marathon training program.
- Organized and supported Saturday morning runs at various locations across greater Kalamazoo led by experienced leaders and marathoners.
- Training schedules with day by day workouts and snapshot schedules targeting your choice of the Kalamazoo Marathon, Borgess Half Marathon or Boston Marathon.
- Course maps and hydration (water and electrolyte beverages) provided.
- Portage WinterBlast Half Marathon and 5K incorporated into the training schedules.
- Weekly email and blog site communications with schedules, maps, training tips, midweek runs and more.
- Pace teams ranging from under 7:30 min miles – 12:00 min miles.
- Additional support for those training for a first time marathon.
- A FUN winter experience with shared camaraderie and team spirit.
For more information and program registration visit: http://karbeyond.wordpress.com