What lies in YOUR Beyond? Look no further than the Beyond Half and Full Marathon Training Program presented by Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR). Whether you’re a beginner training for your first half marathon, or a Boston Marathon veteran, we have a comprehensive training program custom tailored to fit your needs. Choose from Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced or Advance Plus (marathon only) programs to get you ready for the Kalamazoo Marathon, Boston Marathon and/or Borgess Half Marathon.
Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) brings an out of this world training program designed to help you achieve your goals. The 2015 Beyond Training Program runs January 3rd, 2015 through April 25th, 2015 and concludes with the Kalamazoo Marathon / Borgess Half Marathon on May 3, 2015. Program orientation and Blast Off is Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 at 7:00 pm at Borgess LEC Auditorium. Program benefits include:
- Organized and supported Saturday morning runs at various locations across greater Kalamazoo led by experienced pace leaders and marathoners.
- Day by day workouts and snapshot schedules targeting your choice of the Kalamazoo Marathon, Borgess Half Marathon or Boston Marathon.
- Course maps and hydration (water and electrolyte beverages) provided on the course.
- Weekly email and blog site communications with course maps, training tips, marathon news and more.
- Pace teams ranging from under 7:30 min miles to over 12:00 min miles.
- An ALL NEW special multi-event Runner’s Clinics to be held on Thursday, January 8th that includes sessions specifically for the first time marathoner/half marathoner.
- Blast Off Orientation on Tuesday, December 9th at Borgess LEC Auditorium.
- A FUN winter experience with shared camaraderie and team spirit.
Optional Beyond apparel is available through the Kalamazoo Area Runners fanwear store.
Beyond program registration opens October 1st through SignMeUp.com and remains just $35.00 for members of Kalamazoo Area Runners. KAR annual membership fee is $20.00 for individuals. Family and student discounts are available. More information is available at http://karbeyond.wordpress.com/.