Train for a Half Marathon or Marathon with Gazelle Sports and Kalamazoo Area Runners
Registration is now OPEN!!! Summer Safari is presented by Gazelle Sports and Kalamazoo Area Runners. With a wealth of experience and knowledge, we’ve designed this 18 week training program for beginner runners looking to complete their first half marathon or full marathon as well as runners who have already crossed the finish line but would like to run a personal best!
Our training program offers three training schedules catered to the beginner and the experienced, significant support on your long runs by providing experienced coaches, unique and varied routes, and nutrition and hydration stations. This program also offers opportunities for speed training at a track, educational clinics, and mid-week runs. By signing up for this program you will also receive a one year membership to local area running club: KAR (Kalamazoo Area Runners).
Note: You must be able to run 4 miles comfortably multiple times a week by the start of this program.
Information Night 6pm | Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Join us on June 10 at 6pm at the Bronson Gilmore Center Auditorium.
Learn more about the Gazelle Sports Summer Safari Half Marathon and Marathon Training Program and have the opportunity to have your questions answered.
18 Week Training Program
Training starts Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 7am
Group trains 7am | Saturdays
Track Workouts 5:45am and 6pm | Tuesdays
Why run with us? We provide:
• Special focus on beginners
• Low participant to coach ratio
• Gazelle Sports wicking shirt
• Training schedules
• Access to e-notebook for additional resources
• Track workouts for speed training during the week
• Varied and unique pre-planned routes
• Hydration and nutrition stations
• Mile markers on the routes
• Educational clinics
• 10% Gazelle Sports discount
• Samples of race food (gels and more) for long runs
• One year Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) membership and optional family membership for an additional $10 (see details below)