Registration is now closed, however the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) Beyond Training Program welcomes drop in guests to attend our supported training runs at a rate of $5/KAR Members and $10 for non-member friends. NEW this year, guests may attend the first run for FREE (above fees apply for subsequent runs). Drop in guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to run start time (8:00am January – February and 7:30am – March – April) and must sign-in upon arrival.
The Beyond Program runs Saturday mornings January 7 – April 29, 2017. For more information including course maps, starting locations and training information, visit www.karbeyond.wordpress.com.
The Beyond Program includes:
- Organized and supported Saturday morning runs held on a variety of courses in greater Kalamazoo and Portage. The 2017 program features several NEW courses and starting locations.
- Runs begin at 8:00am (7:45 pre-run discussion) January and February, and 7:30am (7:15 pre-run discussion) March and April.
- Low, moderate and high intensity half and full marathon training schedules with day by day workouts.
- Special advanced training schedule for the marathon distance.
- Hydration (water and electrolyte beverages) and sag support provided on the course.
- Weekly email and blog site communications with training tips, schedules, and more
- Supportive and encouraging Team Leaders with pace groups ranging from 8:00 min/miles and lower to 12 minute miles and higher.
- Informative Clinic Night Thursday, January 12, 2017 offering 8 running related topics (attendees select up to 4).
- Information Night and Blast Off, Tuesday, December 6, 2017 with light refreshments and door prizes.
- A FUN and supportive winter training experience with shared camaraderie and team spirit.
- Optional Beyond Marathon Training Program long sleeve technical shirt by Nike (available through December 16, 2016).
- NEW! Optional Beyond CoolMax running caps available for purchase (available through December 16, 2016)
- NEW! Optional Metabolic Efficiency (ME) Package (available through December 31, 2016).