What is Fast Track?
- A program to teach people new to running how to run.
- A structured program to increase endurance and improve performance.
- A speed work program to improve 5K or 10K performance.
- A collection of informational clinics to improve running skills.
- A small group training session with experienced coaches.
- A place to build community and have fun.
Based on the great success of our previous sessions, Kalamazoo Area Runners in Battle Creek (KAR in BC) is pleased to offer our seventh semi-annual Fast Track training program in Battle Creek.
We will be offering 3 general levels of workouts – Beginners, Milers, and Speed Workers – each group serves to build and support community among runners.
The Fast Track training program is ideally suited for 5K and 10K races, and is designed to meet your goals whether beginner, intermediate, or experienced runner.
Led by experienced KAR coaches, the program targets the Cereal City Classic 5K & 10K scheduled for June 11, 2016. The program includes training schedules, individual guidance, clinics and structured “track” workouts.
Sessions are conducted Tuesday nights from 5:45 – 7:00pm and runs 10 weeks from April 5 through June 7, 2016. Track sessions are held at Riverside Park, adjacent to Riverside Elementary (650 Riverside Dr. Battle Creek, MI 49015)
Program Information Night will be held Tuesday, March 29, 2016 from 5:45 – 7:00pm at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. Come out and meet the coaches, learn about Fast Track, discuss goals, and meet fellow Fast Trackers and enter our door prize drawing.
The program is $35 for members of KAR. Non-member friends must join KAR upon registration for an additional $25/Individual or $35/Family.
Three basic levels of Fast Track
Fast Track Beginners
Geared towards transitioning newer runners from walking to running as well as interval walk/run for those who prefer it. Beginners will be focused on learning the basics and building a running base.
Fast Track Milers
Geared towards intermediate level runners who want to improve their overall running skills and build from the 5k distacne. Milers will be focused on building base miles and increasing endurance. Improving pace is a secondary motivation for this group.
Fast Track Speed Workers
Geared towards intermediate and performance level runners who want to improve performance and increase pace. Speed work coaches will work with participants to identify individual race goals and refer the Speed Worker to a mid-week schedule that supports those goals.
Fast Track Training Program Benefits
- Variety of training levels to allow runners and coaches to focus on individual training needs.
- Runners who participated last season can continue to build on their experiences and take their track workouts to the next level.
- Organized workouts are led by experienced runners.
- Helpful clinics are included.
- Individual workouts are based on current fitness levels, using proven training methods.
- Weekly training schedules target the Cereal City Classic 5K and 10 K Race.
- Weekly email and blog site communications with training tips, racing news, and more.
- A FUN spring experience with shared camaraderie & team spirit.
- Coach-supported running opportunities will be available for “homework runs” with our other scheduled community KAR group runs.