Saturday, December 3rd, 2022
Kellogg Biological Station
3700 East Gull Lake Drive
Hickory Corners, MI 49060
FREE TO THE RUNNING COMMUNITY: Join us for our annual Kalamazoo Area Runners Tradition – The December Run Around Gull Lake. The run starts from the Kellogg Biological Station and follow the scenic 11.5 mile course counterclockwise around beautiful Gull Lake. (Those doing shorter distances can opt to do an out and back).
The December 3rd, 2022 run will officially begin at 8:00 a.m. with doors opening at 7:30 a.m. Check-in is required. Although the run officially start at 8:00 am, you will be free to begin your run as soon as you have completed check in.
UPDATED FOR 2022:
For everyone’s safety in light of continuing COVID-19/MUTATIONS, please take note of the following:
- All runners will need to bring their own hydration container for use before, during and after the run.
- Single use water bottles will be provided at approximately 3 mile intervals on the course and at the start/finish location. Runners can choose to either refill their container using one of the water bottles provided and deposit the empty bottle in the trash bag provided or carry the single use container with them.
- If you feel sick, please remain at home.
- Online registration is required. Please be prepared to show your email confirmation electronically or bring a hard copy of your email confirmation with you on the day of the run for check in.
- The Kellogg Biological Station MAY require that you wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times when inside any of the facility buildings/rest. THIS WILL DEPEND UPON THE FACILITY REQUIREMENTS ON THE DAY OF THE RUN.
- Runners will be provided an information sheet after checking in with runner safety tips and reminders that you can take to review before starting your run. Please keep the information sheet with you or place in your vehicle before starting your run. After you have read the information sheet, you can begin your run at any time between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
The safety and well-being of club members, participants, volunteers, and staff is top priority. Per the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) group running operational preparedness guide for COVID-19, group run will follow all guidance from local, state, and federal authorities, and the Center for Disease Control regarding COVID-19.
In order to participate in The Run Around Gull Lake, you must complete the mandatory pre-registration and waiver for each run contained in the https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/HickoryCorners/RunAroundGullLake .The waiver includes an acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases, which can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html. Upon arrival to group runs, participants will need to show the group run director proof of their signed waiver via their phone or paper copy.
We welcome all runners to join us in our Run Around Gull Lake, HOWEVER if you have been experiencing any of the following symptoms or have come in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19, we ask that you please stay home and stay safe:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating. Click here to read The Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) group running operational preparedness guide for COVID-19.
Contact Tom Noall at email@example.com with any questions that you may have.
Register now by clicking on the RunSignUp Registration Link below.
The Run Around Gull Lake is FREE to the running community, so pass the word along and bring a friend!
You do not have to be a member of Kalamazoo Area Runners to participate.