Saturday, September 19, 2020

» Home » Join Now » About KAR » Contact Us

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is Coming May 19, 2013 – Join the Kalamazoo Area Runners Team!

April 10, 2013 by  
Filed under Events, Past Events

Race for the Cure logo

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Sunday, May 19, 2013 (11:30 – 3:00pm – run/walk events begin at 2:00pm)

Downtown Kalamazoo Arcadia Creek Festival Place

Join the Kalamazoo Area Runners Team in the fight against breast cancer!

Many of us have been touched by breast cancer in some way, whether it be personally, or through a friend or family member.  Please consider running the event as part of the Kalamazoo Area Runners team.  Kalamazoo Area Runners is excited to once again be a part of the 2013 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  This year’s event will be held Sunday, May 19 from 11:30am – 3:00pm (run/walk events begin at 2:00) at the Arcadia Creek Festival Place in downtown Kalamazoo.  Each year, the Kalamazoo Area Runners organizes a fundraising team to participate in the event and raise support for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  In addition, the event counts towards our 2013 Club Championship Series and participates in our Race Discount Program.

At least 75% of net funds raised by the affiliate through events such as Race for the Cure stay local and are used to fund breast cancer community grants in areas such as education, screening and treatment in the eight counties of Southwest Michigan.   The remaining 25% of net funds goes directly to fund national breast cancer research studies and fellowship grants.

We encourage you to join Team Kalamazoo Area Runners and support this important cause by running, walking or donating with or on behalf of us.  Our goal is to raise a minimum $1500 and recruit a minimum of 25 team members.  Team Kalamazoo Area Runners t-shirts will be provided to the first 25 team members.

You can join the team and/or donate via the Race for the Cure Registration Page

For more information on joining Team KAR Pink, contact Bonnie Sexton at bonnie.sexton@kalamazooarearunners.org

Comments are closed.