2014 Relay For Life
Join the Kalamazoo Area Runners Team!
When: 10 AM, Saturday, May 31 Through 10 AM, Sunday, June 1
Where: Portage Central High School
Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event. Money raised goes toward:
- Promoting cancer awareness.
- Supporting cancer patients through their treatments
- Funding research to find a cure.
Kalamazoo Area Runners is organizing a running competition for the event. The competition will involve raising money and running (or walking) as many miles as possible.
The competition will have 2 divisions:
Most Miles Run – Run as many miles as you can during the event.
Most Funds Raised – Raise as much money as you can for running those miles.
KAR will award following prizes:
- Event donations of $200 and $100 respectively in honor of top 2 female “Most Miles Run” finishers.
- Event donations of $200 and $100 respectively in honor of top 2 male “Most Miles Run” finishers.
- Event donations of $400, $200 and $100 in honor of top 3 “Most Funds Raised” finishers.
- Event donation of $1,000 to male or female runner who places first in both divisions. Winning this one would be legendary.
Joining the KAR Team is an easy process:
- Register Online By Clicking Here Then Clicking “Join Our Team”
- Set up your personal fundraising web page. You can send people to this link to sponsor you. Do not hesitate to call me at the number below if you need help with this.
- Begin fundraising!
If you are unable to participate in the relay but would like to help, please sponsor one of the runners. You can also click the registration link above then click “Donate Now.”
If you have any questions, please contact Ferdi Hintze at email@example.com.
- All miles must be run during the event at Portage Central High School.
- Miles run should be reported to when you are finished running. Honors system will be used.
- Funds can be raised over the internet or with cash donations. All cash must be turned in by Wednesday, June 5, 2014.