Join us for the 2014 Kalamazoo Area Runners
Kids’ Easter Egg Hunt & Fun Run
Sunday April 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Portage West Middle School
The 2014 Kids’ Easter Egg Hunt and Fun Run will be held April 13th, 2014 (at 2:00pm) at Portage West Middle School, 7145 Moorsbridge Rd., Portage, MI 49024. This is a free event open to the community, with donations accepted to benefit Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes.
Your child’s enjoyment and success at “hunting” eggs is very important to us. Please select the group most appropriate for your child (ages below provided as guidelines only), so that we can best prepare for the number of children participating in each group.
- Baby Bunnies (two-year-olds and under) will scavenge for eggs with direct help from their parent or caregiver in their own area of the Easter Bunny’s Playground.
- Little Bunnies (ages 3 through 5) will scavenge for eggs with supervision from their parent or caregiver, in the Easter Bunny’s Playground.
- Big Bunnies (ages 6 through 12) will scavenge for eggs on an approximate one mile cross country course. Parents are welcome to accompany them, and course Marshals will be present.
Children need to bring their own Easter basket. Refreshments and door prizes provided after the run!
Click on the link below to register. Online registration closes April 12th at 12:00 PM. Event Day registration will be in the School Cafeteria between 12:30 and 1:30 PM, Sunday April 13th.
Once again, we are accepting donations of non-perishable and canned food items for Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes. Monetary donations will also be accepted at the Registration table, or online at http://www.kzoolf.org/ Please see their website for current needs.
We have several volunteer opportunities available for the event. Please contact Andrea Nixon at email@example.com to volunteer.
1. Registration and Check-In (12:00 – 2:00pm) – 4 volunteers
2. Set up Course – (12:00 – 2:00 pm) – 4 volunteers
3. Course Marshals/Leaders for the Kids Runs (1:30 – 3:00 pm) – 8 volunteers
4. Refreshments/Door Prizes – (1:30 – 3:00pm) – 4 volunteers
5. Tear Down – (3:00 – 3:30pm) – 4 volunteers