Train for a Half Marathon or Marathon with Gazelle Sports and Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR)!!! Registration is now closed, however you may attend Saturday runs on a drop-in basis for $10/run or purchase a Punch Card (5 runs for $40). Punch Cards may be purchased at any of the Saturday runs – click on the link below for locations and distances.
Summer Safari is presented by Gazelle Sports and Kalamazoo Area Runners and sponsored by Bronson Methodist Hospital. With a wealth of experience and knowledge, we’ve designed this 17 week training program for runners looking to complete their first half marathon or full marathon as well as runners who have already crossed the finish line but would like to run a personal best!Our training program offers three training schedules catered to the beginner and the experienced, significant support on your long runs by providing experienced coaches, unique and varied routes, and nutrition and hydration stations. This program also offers opportunities for interval training at a track, educational clinics, and mid-week runs. By signing up for this program you will also receive a one year membership to local area running club: KAR (Kalamazoo Area Runners).Note: You must be able to run 4 miles comfortably multiple times a week by the start of this program.
17 Week Training Program
Training starts Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 7am at the Gilmore Center Auditorium at Bronson Methodist Hospital.Group trains 7am | Saturdays
Track Workouts 5:45am and 6pm | TuesdaysWhy run with us? We provide:
* Special focus on first time half and full marathoners
* Low participant to coach ratio
* Gazelle Sports wicking shirt
* Training schedules
* Access to e-notebook for additional resources
* Track workouts for interval training during the week
* Varied and unique pre-planned routes
* Hydration and nutrition stations
* Mile markers on the routes
* Educational clinics
* Samples of race food (gels and more) for long runs
* One year Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) membership and optional family membership for an additional $10.
|We look forward to running with you this summer!|