|Registration is OPEN for the 2019 Summer Safari Half and Full MarathonTraining Program.|
Summer Safari is presented by Gazelle Sports and Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) and has been designed for runners of all experience levels – whether you are looking to complete your first half or full marathon or looking to set a personal record!
The program runs Saturday June 15th (First Saturday Run is June 22nd due to the Kalamazoo Klassic) through Saturday October 12th.
Your program can be tailored to train for any fall marathon or half marathon. We invite you to join us as we target events like the Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon and Detroit Free Press Marathon.
Click here for more information and registration
Learn more at a FREE Info Night on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 7:00pm at Gazelle Sports or Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 6:30pm at the Gilmore Center at Bronson Hospital.
Information Nights are FREE to all guests who want to learn more about the 2019 Summer Safari Half and Full Marathon Training Program.
Our training schedules have been developed by experts at the Lydiard Foundation, a nationally recognized training program that is used worldwide by recreational runners and elite runners alike. Schedules are designed to ensure you successfully cross that finish line injury free! Program guidance and support are provided through Summer Safari Program. We ask that runners be able to comfortably run 60 minutes prior to the start of the program.
Why should you train with us?
* Trained Team Leaders supporting YOU and your team for each pace group
* Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) year-long membershipReach new goals with expert coaches!
* Exclusive Gazelle Sports participant item
* Training schedule & online resources
* Educational clinicsWeekly communication with your training program coordinators and team leader
* Fully supported Saturday morning runs with hydration and directional signageTuesday morning and evening hill and track workouts led by trained coaches
* Unique starting locations supported by local businesses and organizations
* Fun group atmosphere!
* Information Night at Gazelle Sports – Wednesday, May 22nd at 7:00pm.
* Information Night at the Bronson Gilmore Center – Tuesday, June 4th at 6:30pm.
* Saturday long run sessions will be held at 7am starting on June 22nd and ending on October 12th (Please note Safari will not meet June 15th. Runners are encouraged to run the Kalamazoo Klassic 5k or 10k.)
* Tuesday hill and anaerobic workouts will be held at 5:45am or 6:00pm July 30th through September 24th (WMU Campus)
* Midweek aerobic training runs Tuesdays at 6:00pm July 18th through July 23rd (Locations TBA).
|We look forward to running with you this summer!|