2020 Kalamazoo Area Runners Run Around Gull Lake
Saturday, Nov. 7 and Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020
Kellogg Biological Station
3700 East Gull Lake Drive, Hickory Corners, MI 49060
FREE TO THE RUNNING COMMUNITY: Join us for an annual Kalamazoo Area Runners Tradition – The Runs Around Gull Lake. The 11.5 mile run (those doing shorter distances can opt to do an out and back) will start at 8:00 am and follow the scenic course around the lake.
The November 7 and December 5, 2020 runs are back at the Kellogg Biological Station, 3700 East Gull Lake Drive, Hickory Corners, MI 49060. The runs will begin at 8:00 a.m. with doors opening at 7:30 a.m.
- NEW FOR 2020: For everyone’s safety in light of COVID-19, please take note of the following modifications:
- All runners will need to bring their own hydration container for use before, during and after the run.
- Single use water bottles will be provided at approximately 3 mile intervals on the course and at the start/finish location.
- Runners will need to refill their container using one of the water bottles provided and deposit the empty bottle in the trash bag to be provided.
- If you feel sick, please remain at home.
- Online registration is required. Please be prepared to show your email confirmation or bring a hard copy of your email confirmation with you on the day of the run for check in.
- There will be a maximum of 10 individuals (including check in volunteers) allowed in the McCray Hall at any one time for check in and for the restrooms. YOU MUST WEAR A FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES WHILE INSIDE ANY KBS BUILDING.
- Runners will be provided an information sheet after checking in with runner safety tips and reminders that you can take to review before starting your run. Please keep the information sheet with you or place in your vehicle before starting your run. After you have read the information sheet, you can begin your run at any time between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
The safety and well-being of club members, participants, volunteers, and staff is top priority. Per the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) group running operational preparedness guide for COVID-19, group runs will follow all guidance from local, state, and federal authorities, and the Center for Disease Control regarding COVID-19.
In order to participate in The Runs Around Gull Lake, you must complete the mandatory pre-registration and waiver for each run contained in the following link: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/HickoryCorners/RunAroundGullLake.
The waiver includes an acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases, which can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html. Upon arrival to group runs, participants will need to show the group run director proof of their signed waiver via their phone or paper copy.
We welcome all runners to join us in our Runs Around Gull Lake if you feel comfortable participating in a responsible, socially distanced environment. HOWEVER, if you have been experiencing any of the following symptoms or have come in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19, we ask that you please stay home and stay safe:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating. Click here to read The Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) group running operational preparedness guide for COVID-19.
Contact Tom Noall at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you may have. Register now by clicking on the RunSignUp Registration Link below.
The Run Around Gull Lake is FREE to the running community, so pass the word along and bring a friend!