The 2019 Kids’ Bunny Hop Fun Run will be held
The Fun Run begins with registration and check-in at 2 p.m. with Kids’ Activities before and refreshments after the run. Event at Portage West Middle School, 7145 Moorsbridge Rd., Portage, MI 49024. This is a free event if register before April 20. There is a fee of $5.00 for day of event registration, providing the individual event slots and races are not full.
This is a free event open to the community, with donations accepted to benefit Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes. Register here.
The Kids’ Easter Egg Hunt & Fun Run schedule is as follows:
2:00 pm: Check-in & Various Kids Activities including dancing, coloring, balloons, photo booth (bring your own camera), etc.
2:30 pm: Dance Warm Up
2:45-4:00 pm: Individual Races, Refreshments & Door Prizes
Your child’s enjoyment and success at “hunting” eggs is very important to us. Please select the group most appropriate for your child (ages below provided as guidelines only), so that we can best prepare for the number of children participating in each group. Please remember that there are limits for each of the races so it is important that you sign up early. If you are signing up as a family and one of the slots is full, please reach out to us so that we can assure that your family can participate together (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-388-2830).
- Baby Bunnies (Ages 2 and under) will scavenge for eggs with direct help from their parent or caregiver in their own area of the Easter Bunny’s Playground
. BabyBunnies (ages 3 through 5) will scavenge for eggs with supervision from their parent or caregiver, in the Easter Bunny’s Corral. (don’t tell the 4 and 5 year oldsthat it is Baby Bunnies – if you come up with a great name – let us know)
- Bunnies (ages 6 through 8) will scavenge for eggs on an approximate
one milecross country course. Parents are welcome to accompany them, and course marshals will be present.
- New this year, we have the Big Bunnies in a category of their own. This is for the 9-10 year olds that love to run, grab eggs, and enjoy the fun of still being able to participate in a Bunny Hop that has prizes. Prizes are limited for the Big Bunnies.
- Children need to bring their own Easter basket. Refreshments and door prizes provided after the run.
- Online registration
closesApril 19 at 4 p.m..
- Event Day registration will be in the School Gym between 2:00 and 2:30
PM Refreshmentsand door prizes for the kids will be held in the gym immediately following the egg hunt.