We are pleased to announce that KAR has a plan in place to phase in our weekly group runs. Group runs are scheduled to resume at the following locations and time:
- Battle Creek Downtown YMCA – Sunday, July 19 at 7:30 a.m.
- Kalamazoo Sunrise at Oakwood Plaza – Tuesday, July 21 at 5:00 a.m. (NEW GROUP RUN)
- Portage Garden Lane Pavillion – Wednesday, July 22 at 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Kalamazoo Maple Street YMCA – Thursday, July 22 at 6:00 p.m. (NEW GROUP RUN)
- Richland Village Square – Thursday, July 22, at 6:00 p.m.
The safety and well-being of club members, participants, volunteers, and staff is top priority. Per the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) group running operational preparedness guide for COVID-19, group runs will follow all guidance from local, state, and federal authorities, and the Center for Disease Control regarding COVID-19.
In order to participate in any KAR sponsored group run, you must complete the mandatory one-time pre-registrationand waiver contained in the following link: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/KalamazooArea/GroupRun. The waiver includes an acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases, which can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html. Upon arrival to group runs, participants will need to show the group run director proof of their signed waiver via their phone or paper copy.
We welcome all runners to join us in our group runs if you feel comfortable participating in a responsible, socially distanced environment. HOWEVER, if you have been experiencing any of the following symptoms or have come in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19, we ask that you please stay home and stay safe:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating
Click here to read The Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) group running operational preparedness guide for COVID-19.