Club Championship Series and Race Discount
In 2004, the Kalamazoo Area Runners began to administer the “Kalamazoo Area Runners Club Championship Series.” All club members are automatically enrolled in the series. Non-club members cannot participate.
The Club Championship Series consists of a ranking system maintained by KAR based on individual finishes at local races. Standings are listed within the traditional 5 year age groups. Age group awards will be presented to the top three in each age division, male and female, at the Club Series Awards Celebration on November 14, 2017.
Events participating in the Club Series Race Discount Program offer discounts ranging from $2 to $10 to KAR members (unless otherwise noted below) and are automatically included in the Club Championship Series. To obtain discount, use the KAR 4-digit membership code upon registration. The KAR discount will automatically be applied to member registrations for events utilizing the RunSignUp registration platform.
Standings from previous years are listed at the bottom of this page.
2017 Club Championship Series & Race Discount Program
These races use the standard 4-digit discount code that is distributed in the introductory email of each edition of The Rundown.
(Click here for other discounts on races not a part of this series)
- Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10k & 5k ($10 half discount, $5 5k, 10k discount), February 26, 2017
- The Shamrock 5k ($5 discount), March 25, 2017
- Kal Haven Trail Run (Solo Ultramarathon Only, $10 discount), April 8, 2017
- Vicksburg Hearty Hustle 5k ($5 discount), May 13, 2017
- Oaklawn Hospitality Classic 5k & 10k, ($5 discount), May 20, 2017
- Komen Race for the Cure 5k, ($5 discount), May 21, 2017
- Run to Climax 7k, ($2 discount), May 29, 2017
- Otsego Rotary Road Runner 5k ($5 discount), June 10, 2017
- Cereal City Classic 5k & 10k, ($5 discount – preregistration only), June 10, 2017
- Plainwell Education Foundation Island 5k ($5 discount through May 31), June 14, 2017
- Kalamazoo Klassic 5k & 10k ($5 discount), June 17, 2017
- Binder Park Zoo Cheetah Chase 5k ($2 discount), June 24, 2017
- Steve Athey Memorial (Raider Stomp) 5k & 10k ($2 discount), June 30, 2017
- Battle Creek Half Marathon and 5k ($5 discount), July 1, 2017
- Schoolcraft Firecracker 5 Mile, ($5 discount) July 4, 2017
- The Rose Run 5k & 10k by Instride(formerly Pace for Poverty) ($5 discount), July 4, 2017
- Kindleberger Superhero 5k ($5 discount), July 15, 2017
- Mattawan Road & Trail 5k & 10k, ($5 discount), August 5, 2017
- Otsego Ready or Not 5k ($5 online through July 10, $2 after), August 5, 2017
- Road Hawg 5k & 10k ($5 discount), August 19, 2017
- Allegan Strides for Health 5k ($5 discount), August 19, 2017
- Grape Lake 5k ($3 discount) September 9, 2017
- Peacock Strut 5k & 10k, ($2 discount) September 16, 2017
- Bronson Children’s Hospital 5k Run/Walk, ($5 discount), September 24, 2017
- Run for the Son 5k, ($5 discount), September 30, 2017
2017 Club Championship Series Only (no discount)
- Borgess Run for the Health of It! 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, & Kalamazoo Marathon, May 7, 2017 (This event is not able to offer group discounts, however, Borgess/Ascension supports the Club Series by sponsoring the Club Series Celebration).
Points for each race will be determined as follows:
Time points = winner time/runner time * 100
Time points will be added for each runner’s best 9 races